TRANSNATION FILM FESTIVAL 2017 OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The TransNation Film Festival’s mission is to honor our history and nurture emerging voices while celebrating and showcasing trans culture’s cinematic achievements and social impact throughout the world.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The second annual TransNation Film Festival is a three-day event featuring an eclectic program of works by emerging and established filmmakers, and rare and underseen repertory gems and classics that reflect the trans experience. Filmmakers, actors, and special guests present an eclectic curation of new and repertory works as well as special tributes, receptions, and industry panels. Hosted at West Hollywood’s cutting-edge independent theater The Cinefamily, the festival is attended by industry executives, creatives, and cultural influencers from the greater Los Angeles area.
This year, the festival is accepting submissions of new films and videos as well as underseen repertory works for official selection consideration.
Last year’s program, guest-curated by Transparent Producer Zackary Drucker, included:
- 11 programs with nine feature films and 14 shorts
- 22 special guest filmmakers, actors, and activists including Tiq Milan, Geena Rocero, Buck Angel, Silas Howard, Flawless Sabrina, Rain Valdez, Jen Richards, Alexis Del Lago, and Paul Monroe
- Special tributes to trans icons Greer Lankton, Flawless Sabrina, and Holly Woodlawn
- Festival awards to Tiq Milan and Miss Major Griffin Gracy
- An industry panel on trans filmmaking and distribution with Geena Rocero, Allie Hoffman, Jen Richards, and Zackary Drucker
- Receptions on the back patio throughout the festival where filmmakers meet other filmmakers, creatives, industry allies, and activists.
TransNation Film Festival is part of the St. John’s TransNation Festival weekend held in Los Angeles in October, 2017. Proceeds from this festival benefit the St. John’s Well Child and Family Center’s non-profit Transgender Health Program, which provides comprehensive transgender health services in a safe and welcoming environment to people in Los Angeles, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, or presentation.
Programming committee: Zackary Drucker, Will Morris, Felix Tunador, Jodi Wille
TransNation Film Festival is produced by St. John’s Well Child and Family Center, Los Angeles
We don’t discriminate: we accept shorts and features of all genres, lengths, formats. The only prerequisite is that if this screening is not a premiere, you must inform us of all previous film festival and theatrical screenings.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting your film, you are agreeing to have it shown at The TransNation Film Festival, West Hollywood, on October 13, 14, and 15, 2017.